Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Sweet Summer / Hip Kit Club

Happy Wednesday, friends!  I have a new layout to share for Hip Kit Club.  I got the 2018 April Hip Kits this weekend…woo hoo!  I had to start creating with them right away.  I was in the mood to fussy cut something, and as soon as I saw the beautiful Dear Lizzy Flower Child paper in the Main Kit I knew I had to use those tiny flowers.  I took some time to cut all of them out.  I wanted to create a burst of flowers on my page, and I love how it turned out.  I tore the Dear Lizzy Sweetness paper in half and used it on the background as well.  I used a lot of white gesso first and then added some modeling paste through the stencil from the Color Kit.  I added color over that using the Squeezed Lemonade and Abandoned Coral Distress Oxides from the Color Kit as well as a few other colors from previous Color Kits.


I also fussy cut some flowers from the Dear Lizzy Let’s Boogie paper to scatter around the design.  I added a Pebbles dimensional flower sticker here beside the photo.


The alphas this month are just gorgeous!  They are both exclusive to the kits this month.  The white alphas are in the Main Kit, and the ombre alphas are in the Embellishment Kit.  I embellished here with one of the exclusive floral puffy stickers, a metallic gold puffy leaf, and another puffy sticker from Pinkfresh Studio.


These exclusive florals are simply beautiful this month…I just love them, and they’re perfect for Spring or Summer pages!


I love the texture you can create using the stencil.  I used it to add some interest to my background here under all the flowers.


Although this did take a lot of time to do, I love how all the flowers look all clustered together like this.  This is just one way you can use a patterned paper in a unique way.  You don’t always have to just use it “as is.”  Look at the shapes and don’t be afraid to cut something out.


Here’s one more close-up just because the colors are so pretty :)


I hope this inspires you to fussy cut some shapes from your patterned papers.  I hope you love the 2018 April Kits as much as I do.  They are so much fun to play with!  I have a process video here if you’d like to check it out:



Thanks for stopping in, and I'll see you soon with another project!


No comments:

Post a Comment