Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Sense of Humor Required / Hip Kit Club

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I have a new layout to share for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2018 April Hip Kits. This week we are using the April Moodboard as inspiration.  DT member Jill Sprott designed it, and it's amazing!  I was inspired by the bright colors, the wonky scallops and the messy stitching.


I love how my page turned out!  It took several twists and turns along the way.  I used lots of the patterned papers from the Main Kit and a few Cardstock sheets to create some layered scalloped borders.  I just hand cut them and made them different lengths and widths.  I wound up trimming them down to create a smaller frame for my photo.  Since my photo is documenting a crazy fun restaurant experience, I wanted the page to be a bit wild and crazy :D


I used clear gesso on my white cardstock background first and then used several Distress Oxides to create some messy color.  The Abandoned Coral and Squeezed Lemonade come in this month's Color Kit.  I also used a few colors from past Color Kits.  I went over all that color with some white gesso to tone it down a bit since I had so much color going on with the papers.  I machine stitched through the frame to add some texture and then tucked some colored thread under it.  Next came all the embellishing.


Down below the frame, I decided to go even more rainbow and added a lot of colorful machine stitching.  I added the title on top of it.  I decided to paint the white exclusive alphas from the Main Kit with some black acrylic paint.  I used some of the Shimelle glitter enamel dots to finish that area off.


Here you can see how cool the Distress Oxides look.  I fussy cut this camera from one of the Paige Evans Pick-Me-Up papers and added a few of the die cuts from the same collection.  I also used a few Pinkfresh Studio puffy stickers.


I jazzed up the left side of the page by tearing a strip of the cardstock off and attaching a piece of the black and white Dear Lizzy paper behind it.  I smudged some white gesso over it to tone down some of the black spots.  I used some of the leftover frames from the beginning and tucked them in.  I hadn't even planned on doing this, but it just happened, and I love how it looks!


I used a few of the Shimelle alphas here and a Pinkfresh Studio Chipboard Sticker.


Here's one last close-up of the layers.  I used a few Project Life cards behind my photos to add a few pops of color.


I hope this inspires you to use our moodboard for your next project.  It's so fun and you can interpret it in so many ways!  I hope you'll check out my process video here to see how I put all this together.



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment