Sunday, April 2, 2017

Wonder On / Hip Kit Club

Hey there, scrappy friends :)  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2017 March Hip Kits.  I was part of the sketch challenge earlier this week, and I was so inspired by it.  Fellow DT member Anna Komenda designed the sketch, and you can find it over on our FB Forum and play along with us!

I flipped the sketch vertically.  I love all the circles and wanted to mimic that, so I cut several of them using my Cameo.  I used different patterned papers and some cardstock for the circles, and I used this beautiful lilac cardstock from the Cardstock Kit as my background.  I used a lot of white gesso first and then used my palette knife to smudge lots of Shimmerz over it.  I used the two Paste-eez from the Color Kit as well as some sprays from previous kits.  I wanted some bold and rich colors, and I love how they look up against the light purple.  I chose a photo that complimented all the colors, and I think it turned out really pretty :)


I went through all the pieces in the kits and took out everything that was a circle.  I used a few of the Dear Lizzy circle die cuts like this one here from the Project Life Kit.  I also used lots of the exclusive enamel dots and some of the Pinkfresh Studio gold mirrored pieces from the Embellishment Kit.  I used some foam under these die cuts and added thread under them for more texture and pops of color.  I also did a little bit of machine stitching.


I fussy cut my title from one of the Crate Paper patterned papers and paired it with one of the Pinkfresh gold mirrored words.  I also added a smaller subtitle using a Pinkfresh sticker.  I layered one of the Paige Evans Oh My Heart floral die cuts from the Main Kit under it before stitching it all down.


Here you can see how the background turned out and how it created lots of texture.  I love these colors...oh my gosh.  So pretty together.  I also added some Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine!  We got that in a kit over a year ago.  It never goes out of style :)


I worked my journaling in around everything here.  I used one of the exclusive flair buttons with some tangled thread here...again, it's a circle element.  Oh, and here's something I discovered.  All of the gold mirrored pieces have a protective film on them...if you don't want your gold to be super reflective and shiny....just leave it on there.  I had already taken them off the "O"s and then decided they were too shiny for this.  So I smudged a tiny bit of white paint on them, and it made them less shiny again.


Here's the other Dear Lizzy circle die cut.  Again, I added foam and thread under it.  Just raising it up slightly gives it such depth and interest.  I fussy cut that beautiful floral ampersand from a 4x6 Project Life card and tucked it under my photo along with some yellow thread.  I also used a few of the Pinkfresh Leatherette circle stickers.


Here's one last close-up...I added another Oh My Heart flower here, more thread, more enamel dots and another gold mirrored heart.


I hope this gives you some inspiration today...be sure to check out my process video if you'd like to see how I created this!


Thanks so much for stopping by today.  You can join in the sketch challenge over on the Forum if you'd like. We have one every week!  Have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. The colours on this are just yummy! I have seen the sketch and am planning to play along. I love the fact that you swapped it...i may have to do that as well!

    ReplyDelete