Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Fantastic Day / Paige Evans DT

Happy Tuesday, lovely friends :)  I'm back today to share my newest project for the Paige Evans Design Team.  This week we're focusing on using our Silhouette Cameos.  One of my favorite techniques is backing the open spaces of die cuts, so that's what I did for this layout.  I found a cute pie chart cut file in the Silhouette Store and arranged four of them in various sizes.  I cut them on this gorgeous pink plaid tone-on-tone paper from Oh My Heart...it's Paper 19.  I wanted something bright and bold.  I use white backgrounds so much, so I thought I'd challenge myself to go bold :)

I used lots of papers from the Oh My Heart 6x6 Paper Pad to back the pie charts as well as Paper 01, Paper 07 and Paper 16.  After they were backed, I smudged a lot of white gesso around all the circles with my fingers.  I just wanted a subtle white haze around them.  I used some Shimmerz sprays and gelatos to create some messy color on top of the gesso.  I like to use blue watercolors a lot on my pool layouts to mimic water.  I embellished with lots of chipboard, fussy cut flowers, ephemera and buttons from all three of Paige's collections.


I combined some of the Take Me Away Chipboard Stickers with the Oh My Heart Chipboard Stickers and Thickers to create my title area.  I couldn't really write my journaling because of the paper's texture, so I printed it on vellum and cut it into strips.  I love how it looks, and you can still see the colors behind them.  I fussy cut those cute sunglasses from Oh My Heart Paper 16 and used the bigger piece as a layer behind my photo.  I also fussy cut those cute flowers from Fancy Free Paper 01.


I added some wonky machine stitching around the pie charts using yellow thread.  I love how it turned out!  I also added some black splatters and some Fancy Free Buttons.


Swoon at these gorgeous colors!  I added some foam and yellow thread in this little flower cluster to add dimension, color and texture, as well as another button.  I love to overlap items, and my title overlaps just a bit onto the flowers and chipboard.


I added some tissue paper behind my photo as well as a few cut apart pieces from Oh My Heart Paper 16.  I added another Fancy Free Button and one of the die cut Ephemera pieces right onto the photo.


This was lots of fun to make...I really loved playing with all the bright colors!  I hope you get some ideas from this.  I have a fun process video of this layout if you'd like to watch.


Thank you so much for stopping in today...enjoy your Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment