Wednesday, March 1, 2017

He's My Person / Simple Stories

Happy Wednesday, friends!  I'm back today to share another layout for the Simple Stories Creative Team.  This is my second layout for February using the beautiful Love & Adore collection.  I just loved this gorgeous Head Over Heels paper.  The diagonal design stood out to me, and I knew I just had to use that to my advantage.  I tilted the whole design using two photos, some mixed media and lots of die cuts and stickers.

I used a lot of white gesso on the background first.  This gives my paper a protective coat, whites some of the pattern out and allows for blending.  I came in with some Shimmerz in blue and yellow.  I also added a few black and pink splatters.  This collection does have a lot of lovey dovey elements to it, but it's very versatile.  I love this paper...the flowers in the lower left corner does so much for this layout.


Here you can see all kinds of texture going on.  I machine stitched with black thread under the diagonal line and then added even more tangled thread under that big flower die cut.  I used some of the black alphas in the collection to spell out my title and then stitched through that as well.  I love the mix of the black and white with all those bold colors!


I created a fun vertical cluster above the photos using lots of die cuts and stickers in various colors.  Mixing and matching shapes, colors and sizes of things really keeps it interesting.  I love those open hearts and the gradient XOXO...beautiful colors.


As I always tend to do, I added some adhesive foam under my photos along with some tissue paper.  You can see the awesome shadowing it creates.  This is a great way to really make things pop off the page.


I added more floral stickers and die cuts here as well as more tangled thread for a bit of a messy look.


Finally, here's one more close-up of the left area.  This background paper did most of the work for me on this page.  The diagonal design and large floral cluster really helps to make the layout come together pretty quickly.


Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out.  I hope you enjoy!


Thanks so much for stopping in today...see you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment